Tuesday 23 June 2009

For the Love of God


I was reminded of this little morsel of annoyance this morning, check it out.




This is truly ridiculous. Howe can simple basics such as this no longer be taught for fear of over-loading the poor little mites brains?!

I still use it, probably more than I am aware of also. The same way as I still sing the Alphabet tune in my head when am trying to work out which letter comes first or something ridiculous like that!

The same way I still sing 1-10 in the tune I learnt at school, when trying to count in German or French.

'Ich haaaabe, ein pudle, Ich haaaabe, zwei meerschweinchen, Ich haaabe drei....'

and so on..


For those who do not understand, that means, 'I have one poodle, i have two guinea pigs, i have three...'

Gripping reading, no doubt.


As I type in my cosy garden, I can hear the birds singing, the smell of grass and the sun is beating down. Life feels good. Why can't I just stay in my safety zone forever? No one can bother me here. It's truly joyous.


The other thing that amazes me is how these little darlings are allowed to write in text slang in their exams?! I mean seriously, surely these examiners that mark these papers must need to take an extra special exam in order to qualify to understand these 'yoots' (youths). If I get a text message with this slang in, it takes me a good 30 seconds longer to understand/translate what has been said - thirty seconds of my life I'll never get back. I feel cheated.


Luckily for me, I have one of those 'bolt ons' by my phone provider which allows me unlimited free text messaging, so therefore I can be as clear as I wish in my fully worded messages! Small things please me...

I feel it's important for small things to please one so you are not disappointed, what people regularly forget is that it's the thought that counts.


I am sensing I am rambling on and bouncing from one subject to another... if so, I apologise, I type as I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment